LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Current Fitness Goals

My weightlifting has tapered off. I took too much time off of lifting, and returning to it made me REALLY sore for several days. I couldn't even run for about 3 days. It was like starting over again. So I didn't lift again for 2 weeks! Then I got back in the gym, and the same thing happened. I decided to NOT let myself take that much time off, because when I got back in there to do my press, power clean, and squats (Day B workout. Day A is squat, bench, deadlift), I had to drop back down to 45lbs (from 65lbs) for the press!

I've been reading up on CrossFit. Their workouts are intimidating, amazing, and look REALLY fun. They have lots of alternatives to their exercises if your fitness level isn't up to doing their workouts, but I want to continue I've decided the following will be my new HARD fitness goals:

Complete C25k, transition to 10k. (I'm currently in Week 6, next run is W6D3, 25min run!)
Increase my bench to 130lbs (Currently at 70lbs)
Increase my squat to 200lbs (Currently at 105)
Increase my deadlift to 250lbs (Currently at 80lbs)

Be able to do 5 pull-ups (dead-hang)
Be able to do 5 dips (body weight!)

Note on my deadlift: It is commonly taught that if you can squat more than you deadlift, you aren't squatting deeply enough. I actually can probably deadlift a lot more than that, but I've been very concerned about my form, so as recommended by a lifting coach, I started out very conservatively with DL and will progress once I am confident in my form.

The biggest goals for me are the pull-ups and dips. I feel like only REALLY fit people are able to do pull-ups/dips. I have never, in my adult life, done a pull up without weight assistance. Same goes for dips. I want to be a person that can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment