LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, July 02, 2012

Weightlifting and C25k

So! Sunday, I went weightlifting. It was squat/bench/deadlift day.

I completed my daily goal of 105lbs squat, shorted myself on 70lbs bench (and barely finished it). I warmed up for deadlift and did the 80lbs deadlift. A little feeling I had kept surfacing--80lbs was too easy. Time to bump it up. 100lbs. I did it. It was hard. Typically at the end of my squat/bench sets, I rack the bar thinking "blarrgghhhhhh," and at the end of most of my DL sets, I just am done. No sense of serious accomplishment.

NOT THIS TIME, BITCHES. 100lbs and I was EXHAUSTED. I was breathing hard and needed a minute to gather myself after. Woo!!

On Friday, I had thought to continue my C25k. Here's what week 5 SHOULD have looked like (all days begin and end with a 5 minute brisk warmup/cooldown walk):
Day 1: Run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5.
Day 2: Run 8, walk 5, run 8.
Day 3: Run 20.

But what I did instead was:
Day 1: Run 8, walk 5, run 8.
Day 2: Run 20.
Day 3: Run 20.

And for week 6, the "should do" plan is:
Day 1: Run 5, walk 3, run 8, walk 3, run 5.
Day 2: Run 10, walk 3, run 10.

For day 1, I just ran 20. For day 2, I THOUGHT I'd try to impress myself and do the Day 3 workout, which is "run 25." However, by 7 minutes into the first run, I thought I was DYING. I barely made it through the planned workout for Day 2, despite my efforts to talk myself into running just 20, as I had done 3 times successfully before then. I stressed out a lot about this. Then, I remembered what I had eaten the previous night and earlier that day--basically NOTHING. I hadn't felt particularly hungry. Also, I know if I eat before I run, I'll feel it bouncing around in my belly and that's just awful.

Running with essential zero nutrients to fuel me is a terrible plan.

Today, I intend to try the Day 3 workout, Run 25. Well fueled and pumped.

3 comments:

  1. Do you do the C25K one your iphone or whatnot? I'm curious as to how you keep track of your time. I walked all last week with about a 2-5 minute run in the middle, and then decided that I was going to start running again this week, so this morning I went out and did surprisingly better than I anticipated. But I think I need something to keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have downloaded podcasts from various sites:
    http://www.kissmyblackass.org/podcasts/
    http://runningintoshape.com/5k-training-downloads/
    http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/2008/06/couch-to-5k-podcast-page.html

    RunningIntoShape has my favorites. It's just mixes of music with cues to switch from running to walking. But, for the long runs, I just put in my favorite audiobook scenes from the Sookie Stackhouse series (ERIC SEX HAVING AHEM AHEM).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that you can run to audiobooks. That is so cool. I think I would get so distracted trying to figure out what was going on that I'd like trip over a curb or something. But I'm also really not an aural person.

    Thanks for the suggestions though! I'll definitely have to take a look at them this week and maybe start the C25K!

    ReplyDelete