LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

181lbs, and I TRULY don't mind.

I feared this moment. Now that it's here---it's not so bad at all. I'm wondering if I should think about counting calories, but my heart just isn't in that. I have, however, become re-invigorated with the C25k program. I never got off of it, but I did take two extra days off before starting W4D1. All previous runs have had a maximum of 9 total minutes of running time. This one had 16, with two 5m runs in there. I was intimidated, but I tried it with Boots on Saturday. I felt terrible, because I think I overheated him. He tried to lie down in the shade halfway through the second 3m run. I walked back to my car and called it a day.

I was worried that this would put me off of the program. My first failed/unfinished run. I have stuck to the program TO THE LETTER in terms of minutes run/walked. (I have, however, occasionally taken an extra day off here and there, but I am only currently just under a week behind schedule). Apparently, a lot of people drop off the program in weeks 4 and 5. The running time jumps significantly in week 4 and there is a 20m run in week 5.

But on Monday, I hit the treadmill and finished W4D1 easily and very well. Later that day, I did a bunch of crunches.

I'm feeling a bit guilty about slacking on Starting Strength. I'm really close to 100lbs squat (next session will either be 85 or 90, 80 deadlift, 75 bench). I do feel like I'm approaching weights where I really do need a spotter.

On Monday, I weighed in at 181lbs. 10 days ago, I weighed in at 179.5lbs. I was excited to be below 180, but I actually didn't expect it to stick quite yet. I'm right on that cusp, but I don't care about breaking through it as much as I did last time I was roughly in this position. We'll see what happens in June! Good things, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment