LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 02, 2011

Something about Wagons?

So I weighed in at 174.75  today. DANNGEERROUSLY close to 175.

I have officially fallen off the bandwagon off the beaten path short of my goals off of my bicycle in a few ways (a new and improved metaphor! See below for details).
1) I ate some fried food.
2) I succumbed to the desire to eat Taco Bell (wth!?!?!)
3) I have not been exercising 5 days a week like I had hoped I would be doing.

SO! Back on the...wagon? Why is that even used? People only talk about "the wagon" when they're wanting to get back on it. But when someone's doing good and sticking to their plan, do they really say they're on a wagon?

To me, being "on a wagon" implies that something (a parent, a horse/donkey/mule, a vehicle of some sort) is doing the hard work. So when I'm doing a good job at this weight loss business, I'm not sitting back and letting someone/something else do the hard work--I'm doing it.

Additionally, a wagon is so far removed from modern society's luxuries that the use of it doesn't bring an actual "wagon" to mind, just the idea of a journey, maybe? Back on the road? On the beaten path? But again, that implies that the route is already forged.

I hereby retire the phrase "Back on the wagon." While I'm at it, I will also retire the term "happy camper."

So I'm back on the (metaphor), and here's what I'm gonna do:

1) I'm going to be more strict with logging my calories (I skipped more than a few things on my food log these last two weeks). And by "more strict" I mean I'm not going to skip anything. AT. ALL.
2) I'm going to re-start my 5-x-a-week-for-12-weeks goal (of exercise). I did two weeks in a row of 4 days a week, promising myself to add an extra workout in the following week. No more of that. I won't bargain with myself anymore here.
3) I'm going to cook meals at home at least twice a week. I let myself slack on this, and I suffered the consequences (and so did my wallet). If I cook two big meals a week, end up with enough food for lunches and dinners for the whole week.

A mini-goal is to save money this month. I think the cooking will definitely help.

All right, guys. Back on the bicycle for me! (HA! An exercise-based thingie that is powered by me and helps me move forward. Way better than any sort of silly wagon. Plus I actually want to bike to my gym anyway, so....ba-DOW).

No comments:

Post a Comment