LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Ha. Stupid scales.

So this weekend, I was a good girl. On Saturday, I decided that I could give myself my "reward" for losing 5% of my body weight. It was initially supposed to be a pedicure, but I need new clothes (due to weight loss, upcoming summer, and the routine replacement of the clothes that are destroyed in my lab). So my reward was a shopping day!

I had also set up the goal to be on my feet a lot more than is typical for my weekends. My daily step goals are 12,000 steps (the default on my fitbit is 10,000, but that was too easy). I usually hit or beat this goal on the weekdays, and fall short on the weekends. But NOT THIS WEEKEND. I was determined to hit the goals on Sat and Sun. I still fell about 800 steps short on Saturday, but on Sunday, I was over 13,000, so I made up for it. I also managed to eat pretty well. However, I wasn't super careful about my sodium intake at the end of last week.

On Sunday, I walked to the gym (about 2 miles). I got there, did a good hard cardio session on the elliptical, and then walked back. I thought I might do weights, since the cardio seemed redundant with all the walking, but sometimes, weights leaves me feeling REALLY tired and weak, and I didn't want to face walking home two miles feeling like that. I found myself REALLY wanting to jog on the walk there and back, but I was carrying my gym bag, and that was just too unwieldy for jogging. So instead, I walked back a sort of serpentine path rather than directly home. It was nice. And like I mentioned before, the houses on the way are just gorgeous, so it's a really nice walk. The trees are blooming and everything is really fragrant. I love it.

What I don't love? The scale at the gym on Sunday told me that I weighed 176? WTF?? Ugh. Maybe it's just a "spike" in the reads. Whatevs. (EDITED TO ADD! Later today, I went to the gym for a lunchtime workout. I weighed in at 174.25. Woo!) What else did I not love? Some background on this:

On my birthday, I bought myself some self-tanner. I know, I know. It's silly. But I have resolutely promised to be a sunscreen fiend. There is skin cancer in my family history, so no compromises here. I'm fair of skin, but I've also gotten a strongly yellow tone to my skin due to my Italian heritage. What's awesome about this? I don't burn all that easily for a fair person. My skin takes colored ink tattoos really well and showcases the colors nicely. What sucks? Pale and yellowish skin can look sallow. And it also sucks because when I'm just a few shades darker, it looks GOOD on me. So because I'm careful about sun exposure, any browning on my skin comes from FAKE BAKE!

I applied it. It is even and pretty. I love the way it looks. It made trying on sleeveless shirts/dresses a lot more fun. It's subtle and my palms/cuticles aren't orange. Yay fake bake! Downfall? It smells like...pot roast? Cooked pumpkin? Onions? It has this sort of salty-savory smell on the skin that isn't so pleasant. As a scent-oriented person, this is always a bit...unsettling. Ah well. Such is the life of a fakebaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment