LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Logging Food...and Lies. LIES!!!

Okay. So Sunday was my Birthday. Saturday was the Boyfriend's mom's birthday. We went to her place and there was grilling and sausages and veggies and fruit. I sort of grazed on the fruit/veggies the whole time before the grilling was done. It's hard to estimate the calories you ate in something someone ELSE cooks for you. I did my best, though. Grilled sausages, grilled zucchini, and a variety of sides. Looking back on it now, I know that I didn't log all of my food eaten. Ah well.

Later that night was a "group birthday party" for all the people that have birthdays in April. All of these friends are good cooks. Deviled eggs, mac and cheese (I just had a bite), and a variety of other munchies that I generally avoided. However. Beer. BEEERR. I DRANK A LOT OF BEER. I didn't count how many. I didn't log the calories. I just decided to ignore it and give myself a "birthday pass" on my calorie counter.

But here's the other thing. I wear my fitbit on the center of my bra. My fitbit estimates the calories I burn based on the accelerometer inside of it. I don't "falsify" movement by shaking it or anything. In fact, there are lots of activities that my fitbit misses when I'm not wearing it. I forgot to wear the fitbit on most of Sunday, so it didn't estimate all of the calories I burned. Also...there are other...extracurriculars...that I'm sure burn some calories when, you know...I'm not wearing my bra. Fortunately for me, you can manually enter an....ahem....activity (such as the one I'm being oh-so-demure about) onto the fitbit site. I just can't bring myself to publicize such an activity from 11:40pm-12:30am. I also don't like evaluating if it was "moderate effort" or "vigorous effort." I entered it once. It was hilarious to see that blip of activity in my graph of "calories burned."

So this weekend I didn't log everything I ate/drank. I figure that this little...omission is compensated for by the activities that my fitbit doesn't know about. I vowed to myself once I started logging calories that I would be totally honest. Mostly because once I start giving myself "exceptions" here and there, I end up with a mountain of exceptions and 400 calories logged for the day. So in this instance, it's a birthday exception. Only to be used on this weekend in April.

2 comments:

  1. I love your subtle way of discussing certain activities!

    I happily report that I haven't changed weight (maybe like 2lbs lighter) since October! Now to get hard core with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! The step towards "getting hard core" is easier that the step of "staying hard core." Nothing that's worth having comes easily. Or some other cliche adage of the like.

    ReplyDelete