LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 09, 2011

I AM A WALKING MACHINE

Doesn't sound so sexy, I know.

So yesterday, after work, D and I decided to go to Chili's for dinner before we would be meeting up with some friends for a birthday extravaganza later in the evening.

Temptations galore.

In order to explain things to you, I need to tell you about my dog, Boots. Boots is a crazy fucker. He's a 25lb cocker spaniel that has separation anxiety, stranger anxiety, other-dog anxiety, and anxiety anxiety. And he's delightful despite all this. But! This makes nights like this a bit complicated. D and I would be meeting for dinner at about 7:45. I was done at work at about...7?? So it's hard for me and for my dog when I come home for just a sec and then leave right away. Especially since the best way that I have dealt with Boots' separation anxiety is this sort of calm "leaving the apartment" routine. He has come to accept that this routine means that I'm coming back and he'll be okay. But if the departure routine occurs while he's really high energy, it just DOES. NOT. WORK. And when I first come home, the first...hour...he's just super excited to see me and jumping around and being cute.

So! Instead of heading home for that 45 minutes, I decided three things:
1) I have a library audio book thing that I need to return to the library.
2) The library is 2 miles away.
3) I'm going to walk there!

So I started marching my ass down there. Let me tell you--the houses that are on my walk along the way are GORGEOUS. They aren't (all) mansions. There are homes of all sizes and so many of them are just lovely to look at.

I got almost to the library when the BF called me saying that he was leaving the hair cut place and that he'd be at the library soon. Well, I didn't just want to STAND THERE. And Chili's is just a couple miles north on the road that I was already on. So I told the BF that I would just keep walking and that he should call me when he was on a certain cross street and I'd tell him where I was. I made it another mile before he caught up to me.
According to my fitbit (pedometer), I took 23,278 step in total yesterday and 10.45 miles. Every day, I have the goal of walking 12,000 steps and 6 miles. I usually can't quite hit this goal without a nice long walk or without a cardio day at the gym. 23,000 steps?!?! I am MONSTER.

Oh, and the temptations.

D got chips and salsa at dinner (mmm...my favorite snack). I didn't even have a CRUMB.
I ate a half rack of ribs and steamed veggies (only 560 calories. I had not eaten much during the day, and I needed to eat about 600 calories to meet my daily intake goal).
Later at the bar, I didn't drink ANY beer. I love beer. And I resisted.

I was super proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment