LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back on Schedule. 178.75

Okay. It appears that I either was carrying water weight, or I just need to stop weighing so often. Fluctuations of several pounds is a weird phenomenon. Unfortunately, because I'm hovering so close to around 180, that anything in the 170s feels like a big success. Such a success, in fact, that it makes me feel like dancing (side note: Boots, my dog, gets very confused when I dance. He sees me moving around and wants to be involved, but he doesn't understand what I am apparently expecting him to do). Anything in the 180s feels a lot like failure.

Today, I weighed in at 178.75. I worked out hard, I sweat a lot. I felt good. I'm sticking to my mini-commitment of drinking more water. I'm still iffy on sticking to my commitment to not eat so late. Especially since late night eating is often super shitty food. I currently do weekly weigh-ins along with my friend on her blog. She and I were in The Vagina Monologues together in college. YAYYY VAGINAS!!!
Anyway, I weighed in at 178.75 on Thursday, March 17. I then kind of jumped around on the scale the next week, but weighed in at 178.75 on the following Thursday. After that, I was seeing steady increases until today! Back to the 178.75. Now to go LOWER!

I was feeling really discouraged by the increases on the scale as well as by my job/lifestyle being so greatly incompatible with healthy eating habits. I'm feeling better now, making small changes. But I often feel great right in the middle of the week. Enthusiasm: ENGAGE!

I apparently like ending paragraphs in ALL CAPS.

2 comments:

  1. YAY VAGINAS!! i've been told not to weigh myself more than once a week while trying to lose weight, but to weight myself a few times a week when I'm in maintenance mode. it's definitely weird how our bodies fluctuate so much in one week. i'm glad you're feeling back on track! WOOT WOOT! ALL CAPS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks! And I'm super glad to see the RWWF group growing (and shrinking!)

    ReplyDelete