LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekends and Fruit

I did an okay-ish job of not fucking everything up this weekend. Of course, I could have been better. I was moderately active. I didn't go to the gym on either Sat or Sun, though.

On Friday, I felt super motivated to cook a healthy meal. I cooked a pork loin in the crock pot that turned out WAYYY more tender than I had intended. I cooked it with Dijon and white wine. I steamed up some broccoli, and as the starch, I made "skinny" crispy potatoes. I parboiled the cubed potatoes before straining them, spreading them on a baking sheet with salt, pepper, paprika, herbs de provence, and a LITTLE bit of oil and roasted them in the oven at 450 to crisp them up. The whole meal came in at less than 400 calories and was very tastey (misspelling intentional).

I went to the gym today on my lunch break for 25 minutes of hard cardio on the Arc Trainer. I was sweating it up. But it wasn't as hard as it usually is. I don't know if that's because I wasn't pushing myself or if I'm getting better at it. Dunno. Also, I weighed in at lunch just for fun. Now, my normal weigh-in time is in the evenings, so I don't know how this compares. 181.75 lbs. Mmooooooo.

So that's a 1.5lb gain? Ugh. Water. Calories. Exercise.
 What to do?
1) SODIUM IS THE DEBBUL. Drink more water, you heifer.
2) Try to change when I eat. Night-time eating is also the debbul.

In food-related news, the Sunflower Market had a lot of gorgeous strawberries and blueberries on sale. If you aren't lucky enough to live around here, the Sunflower Market is a sort of local Whole Foods. They have piles and piles of various vitamin shelves and a whole section of the store smells like patchouli. However, they have one of the most abundant and beautiful produce sections I've ever seen. Their weekly sales are incredible, they acquire a LOT of their produce locally, and their sales really encourage eating the things which are in season (rather than the things that must be shipped from Chile or whatever. Who needs mangos in December, anyway?).
So I went in the store because their berries were on sale. I came out with about 10 pounds of apples, oranges, tangelos, tangerines, berries, and dried figs. It's kind of fun to have a fruit-only shopping spree. All the bright colors made me think how I'm going to be vitamin-ed and antioxidant-ed to high heaven in the next week.

Fruit in oatmeal. Fruit in greek yogurt. Fruit-only lunches. YAY FRUIT. Fruit is a funny word.

2 comments:

  1. yay fruit is RIGHT!! try putting some berries into a salad of greens with some grilled chicken and feta or goat cheese. get some of that filling protein in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. I took your suggestion and sprinkled blueberries over my salad last night. DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete