LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cardio and BABIES

Elliptical machines. I love them. I love seeing that little "calories burned" category tick upwards at a steady clip while the sweat on my body trickles downward.

Does anyone else feel like it is a LOT easier to be on an elliptical than...say...ANY other piece of cardio equipment? Jogging on a treadmill wears me the hell out. Perhaps I'm going too fast too soon, but I feel like a few minutes of a run on the treadmill and I'm COUNTING the seconds until I'm done. Stairmaster? Same thing. Arc trainer? Oof.

So I like the elliptical. 20 minutes goes by in a snap. I sweat, I breathe hard, but it's EASIER somehow. And now, when I'm planning what to do in the gym tonight, I think
Cardio--elliptical, duh.

But I think it's time for me to do the things that are harder. So I'm committing to it. Tonight, 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer. Abs exercises. 15 minutes on...the treadmill? The stairmaster? Those two are the hardest for me. I'll give it a go.

As for the babies. Today, I've been invited to the 20 week ultrasound of Boyfriend's sister. They'll be determining the gender of her kiddo!!

I've never been at something like this before. I've had plenty of ultrasounds myself (damn you polycystic ovaries!!), but I've never attended a pregnancy ultrasound. And this is the big one! I can't believe she invited me, but I'm incredibly honored.

I get this feeling that it might be the only time in my life I'll see something like this. The way my body is (that is, with the PCOS and other...complications), it's a bit unlikely that I'll ever get pregnant. Not that I'm complaining. I'm not really--well...let's just say that I have no intention of procreating. Of course, I might change my mind, but for now...I'm not interested.

In other baby-that's-not-mine related news, my cousin, Ashley, is expecting her baby right around my birthday! Here's the thing about Ashley: if you happen to know her, or someone like her, you're a lucky person. She's this vibrant, bright, joyful type of person that's just so easy to love. She's been that way from my earliest memories of her. It's hard not to be happy around her. It's pretty obvious that she'll be a good, loving mother. His name is going to be Peyton. I love him already. :)
Ashley and her husband, Josh.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/03/22/134772155/infrequent-sex-exercise-may-raise-risk-of-heart-attack?ft=1&f=1001

    Your workout for the day!

    ReplyDelete