LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 1 of late lunching and a shitty disposition.

I'm experimenting with the "late lunch" thing today. It's now 16:55, I'm at the very end of my 1hr lunch break, and I'm about to head back to work. I feel exhausted. I got plenty of sleep last night. I did drink a lot of caffeine this morning, so maybe it's a crash. I just feel like I could lay down right now and sleep until work tomorrow morning.

So here's the problem. I plan to go to the gym tonight. Hell or high water, right? Fuck. I mentally commit to going to the gym when I'm bright and chipper at 10:00, and by 17:30 or so, I sometimes try to talk myself out of it. Maybe now after 6 weeks of this, I'm getting close to the "burnout" phase.

But fortunately, my 17:30-isn't very convincing yet. I haven't managed to skip out once I've committed, and I don't think I will today.

Another motivator is the weigh-in for the reluctantwwfoodie group. I have two friends with weight loss blogs. One is at fatopera.blogspot.com and another is at reluctantwwfoodie.wordpress.com . Both are fun to follow. On the RWWF blog, she has a group of her buddies weighing in with her on Thursdays. I have joined in there. I do weigh myself in between Thursdays, too. I have access to several different scales: A shitty one at home (rarely used, I don't think it's very accurate), a nice digital one at the Boyfriend's, one of those Dr's office types with the weights and notches at the gym. I only use the one at the gym.

So weigh in at the gym tonight? If I can manage to improve my attitude, I guess. (ETA: I did improve my attitude. 25 minutes of churning away HARD on the elliptical).

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you're a Reluctant Loser with us! And that it's keeping you accountable. Kudos to sticking with it at the gym. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the late lunch since I feel so ravenous by the time 8pm comes around. I end up eating way too much in the evenings. I just need more food around 11:30/12. You're figuring it out, though. It just takes time to learn about your body and it's weird rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. :) I'm so glad to be part of the RWWF group. I'm still considering weighing ONLY on Thursdays, but when I'm changing clothes there in the gym, I can't help but step on that scale out of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete