LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Post-Guilt Plan

So after a weekend of greasy indulgence and Saturday and Sunday without real exercise (about 7 miles of walking on Sunday, but I don't count that), it feels like I've undone my good hard work. Weight loss (the healthy way) is invariably about diligence with intake and hard work. It's slow, it can be painful, and it requires a LOT of sweat.

And after weeks of this hard work, it feels shameful that I could "undo" it in just a few hours. I know that the amount of calories I ate does not amount to more than a pound of fat (that is, 3500 calories). I have not undone THAT much work. But, I negated one or two days of exercise. I also probably ate 400% of my recommended amount of sodium for the day. Sodium leads to water retention. The ever elusive "water weight" monster is a dreadful thing to fight.

So what is the solution:

1) Water. Water. Water. Today, tomorrow, and the next day, I will drink a lot of water. With any luck, it will help my kidneys excrete all this excess sodium and I'll come back to an even keel.

2) Gym. I went to the gym at lunch for 30 minutes of hard cardio yesteray. That felt good. Hit the cardio hard this week.

3) PROMISE myself not to starve the next few days. I don't want to overcompensate by severe deprivation or fasting.

So far, so good. We'll see when I weigh in on Thursday (the day I consider my "real" weigh in for the week).

No comments:

Post a Comment